Are you looking forward to having a career in the HR field but don’t know how to begin the journey, don’t be too worry because this article right here was specially written for your clarification.
First of all, you need to know who HR personnel or staff really is. Well, HR personnel (Human Resources personnel) is a highly trained professional individual who is being employed by any company/organization to help them manage and improve the company’s greatest asset which is its people (employees).
Function and roles of HR in any organization
The main duties or roles of any HR personnel are to handle all employee-related tasks such as hiring, training, enforcing policies, administering compensation/benefits, and dealing with workplace issues.
Their ultimate goal or aim is to promote the organization and seek out talent that will help the business meet its goals.
Training and qualifications for HR careers
To have a very successful career in the HR field, there are some levels of training and qualifications that you need to acquire in order to belong in this career path. Some of these training and qualifications includes the following;
- You must have the basic entry-level qualifications for HRs which is the Bachelor’s degree which can come from the following specialties; psychology, communication, professional writing, accounting, or finance( compensation and benefits).
- Qualifications in an MBA or a Master’s degree in HR can also aid in higher roles in the career.
- If you are lucky enough awards in HR such as professional in human resources (PHR) or senior professional in human resources (SPHR) can also help you boost your career in HR.
Skills needed for HR careers
In order to perform well in the HR field, there are some essential skills that you need to possess which includes :
- Solid verbal and written communication abilities
- A helpful and problem-solving nature and skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning in order to stay abreast of changes to employment law, training methods, and best practices.
Types of HR careers
In the HR field or department, they are various types of career Jobs that one can find in of which some them includes ;
- HR manager: The role of the position is to be the general overseer of all the other positions or departments in the field. The manager is the one who is in charge of the recruitment strategies, mediating disputes when necessary, assessing worker’s performance and productivity, etc
- HR specialist: This individual either specializes in one area of the company like organizing interviews, the orientation of new staff, consultants, processing of payroll, and others.
- HR assistant: This individual serves as an assistant to the other HR positions, he or she can assist in the following; handling of paperwork, posting job vacancies, calling references of job candidates and keeping track of absences, etc
- Recruiter: This individual is in charge of recruiting and selecting new employees, negotiating their salary, going through various resumes, and so forth.